Permanent Account Number (PAN) holds extreme importance in India, not only for Income Tax purposes but also as a proof of identity. Any incorrect information on your PAN can lead to problems in future. So it is advised to get the mistakes and inaccuracies in your PAN corrected as soon as possible.
How to Apply for PAN Card Update/Correction Online
Step 1: Visit www.tin-nsdl.com, the official website of NSDL E-Governance.
Step 2: Under Services Section, Click on “PAN”.
Step 3: Click “Apply” under the “Change or Correction in PAN Data” section.
Step 4: From the ‘Application Type’ dropdown menu, select ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in Existing PAN Data)’.
Step 5- From the ‘Category’ dropdown menu, select the correct category of the assessee, For example, if the PAN is registered in your name, select ‘Individual’ from the list.
Step 6- Now, enter your name, date of birth, email address, and mobile number.
Step 7-Fill the Captcha and click on “Submit”.
Step 8- Your request will be registered and a Token Number will be sent to the email ID provided by you. You can continue the process by clicking the button given below it.
Step 9- After you proceed, you will be redirected to the form – there are three options to submit your documents, click on “Submit scanned images through e-Sign on NSDL e-gov”.
Step 10- Fill in all the necessary details such as your father’s name, mother’s name (optional), your Aadhaar number and click on ‘Next’.
Step 11- You will now be redirected to a new page where you can update your address.
Step 12- Upload all the necessary documents such as proof of address, proof of age, proof of identity and PAN.
Step 13- You need to sign the declaration and click “Submit”.
Step 14- You will be redirected to the payment page. Payment can be made through demand draft, net banking, and Credit card/Debit card.
Step 15- On successful payment, an acknowledgement slip will be generated. The applicant should take a print of it and send it to the NSDL e-gov office along with the physical proof of documents. Also, affix a photograph in the space provided and sign across it. Write ‘Application for PAN Change’ on top of the envelope along with the acknowledgement number.
NSDL Mailing Address:
NSDL e-Gov at Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016′
Steps to Apply for Pan Card Offline
Step 1: Download the Request for New PAN Form
Step2: Fill all the mandatory fields in the form carefully
Step 3: Attach the supporting documents such as the proof of identity, proof of address, passport size photographs, etc.
Step 4: Once done, submit the form at the nearest NSDL collection centre
Step 5: You will have to pay the charges for applying a new PAN Card i.e. Rs. 93 for the communication address of Indian Citizens and Rs. 864 for the communication address of foreign (Excluding of Goods and Services Taxes)
Step 6: You will get a 15-digit acknowledgement number to track the status of PAN Card application
Fees and Charges for Correction or Update of Existing Pan Card
For correction in PAN Details, you need to pay the fees towards the same. The amount of the fee is the same for new PAN applications and for PAN update/correction. The charges are –
- Rs 110, if the communication address is within India
- Rs 1,020, if the communication address is outside India
How to Change Name in Pan Card
- In the case of offline applications, the PAN card form download link is provided here
- The PAN card Form has to be duly filled keeping in mind to provide all details correctly
- The photograph has to be affixed and the form has to be signed before submitting
- In case of offline application, a demand draft in the name of NSDL has to be sent along with the application form to the registered address of NSDL
- In the case of the online application, the payment has to be made online using debit/credit card or net banking
- A 15-digit acknowledgement number is generated which can be used to check Pan Card Status
- Once submitted successfully, the updated PAN card is delivered to the applicant within 45 days of application
- PAN card does not contain the address of the cardholder
- The address is mentioned in the form to send the PAN card hard copy by post. You can get the address updated by filling the application correction form 49A offline
- For forms filled online and authenticated using Aadhaar OTP, the address cannot be changed. The address mentioned in the Aadhaar database is taken as your address by default
- In case you want to change this address, you will have to first get the address updated in your Aadhaar card and then fill PAN Card Form 49A again
1. Aadhaar card issued by the UIDAI
2. Elector’s photo identity card
3. Driving license
5. Matriculation certificate or Mark sheet of recognised board
6. Birth certificate issued by the municipal authority or any office authorised to issue birth and death certificate by the Registrar of Birth and Deaths or the Indian Consulate as defined in clause (d) of sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Citizenship Act, 1955 (57 of 1955)
7. Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or Central Public Sector Undertaking or State Public Sector Undertaking
8. Domicile certificate issued by the Government
9. Central Government Health Service Scheme photo card or Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme photo card; or
Pension payment order
10. Marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages
11. Affidavit sworn before a magistrate stating the date of birth
Thanks for Download and Keep Visiting our website for more updates.