In 2019, HD Kumaraswamy, the Chief Minister of Karnataka presented his second state budget in the Legislative Assembly. He allocated a good amount to various agriculture schemes while announcing the “Karnataka Raitha Siri” scheme. He declared that farmers who cultivate millet will certainly receive Rs 10,000 per hectare. This scheme has been benefitting all the millet growing farmers ever since. This amount might not end all the problems of the farmers but will definitely help them during difficult times. This will not only create a sense of security among farmers but also give them a chance to update their farming equipment.
Farmers face a constant threat to their crops in form of natural unfortunate mishaps. This issue turns out to be a huge disappointment since it degrades the production or quality of crops. Due to this, the farmers have to suffer financially. In general, irrespective of the disadvantages, the profession of farmers is disappointing in case of money matters. They further end up taking loans or serious steps under the pressure of earning or investing. Hence to assist farmers during such difficult times, the state and central governments launch various beneficiary schemes. A related scheme is the Raitha Siri scheme of the Karnataka Government.
Key Highlights of Raitha Siri Scheme 2022
|Launched in year||2019|
|Launched by||HD Kumaraswamy|
|Aim||Promote Millet farming in the state|
|Benefit||Rs. 10,000 per hectare of land|
|Beneficiaries||Millet growing farmers in the state|
|Application Mode||Not specified|
Objective of Raitha Siri yojana in karnataka
The main objective of launching raita sarathi yojana is to raise millet farming. The fields might be struck with calamities but it shall never be the reason for the decrease in agricultural development and increase in the misery of farmers. Millet is a beneficial crop that can easily prosper in tough conditions. The leading state in India for millet farming is Rajasthan. Moreover, considering the soil, rain and temperature conditions, millet suits well even in such a land.
Features of this Scheme
- Firstly, Rs. 10,000 per hectare of land will be provided to farmers and agricultural labors who cultivate millet.
- Government is also creating water ponds to support millet farming.
- Minor millet farming production is increasing in the state due to this scheme.
- The scheme will follow Direct Bank Transfer or DBT for disbursement of the funds into farmer’s accounts.
- The Karnataka Government will be following the Israel Model of Farming. The aim is to minimize usage of water and maximize production of crops.
- The agriculture methods will get updated since the farmers could utilize the money to update their equipment.
- Better livelihood will be encouraged by offering assistance.
- The applicant must belong to the state of Karnataka.
- Applicant should certainly be a farmer or agricultural labor and taking up millet farming.
- At least one hectare of agricultural land is required to be able to apply for this scheme.
- Cultivators who do not have land in their own name might be eligible to apply for the scheme through rented or leased property.
- Lastly, farmers must be qualifying under the given income criteria.
- Passport sized photograph of the applicant.
- Digital or scanned signature, only in case of online application.
- Aadhar Card as identity proof. If the applicant does not have an aadhar card, voter ID, ration card and other recognized IDs might be used. But, if Aadhar card is a compulsory document, then the applicant must apply for one.
- Residence proof or domicile to prove citizenship of state.
- Income Certificate, in case of income criteria.
- Caste Certificate, only if applicable.
- Details or required documents of the land on which farming needs to be carried out.
- Bank passbook photocopy and also, the account details.
- According to latest budget, high nutrient value crops Tiff and Quinoa are also now included in the Raitha Siri scheme.
Karnataka Raitha Siri Scheme Application Process 2022
Millet growers have now checked for the application process. So, here we are helping you with details about the Raithat Siri Scheme only. Follow the instruction given below.
- At first, interested candidates have to go through the Official Website of Raita Siri- Department of Agricultural (KSDA)
- Then, the homepage of the official page has appeared on your screen after clicking on the above link.
- On this page, you can see options given for various schemes related to the agriculture field.
- After that, you need to check New Scheme Raita Siri. After which download option has also been given.
- Click on the download option.
- And a new page with Pdf file opened in the Kannada Language for our Karnataka state people.
- If you want to read the guideline before, then click on the below option.
- GO No. AGRI-AML/92/2020 for latest update: Download
- Scheme Conituation Document: Download
- New Scheme of raitha Siri in year 2019-2020: Download
Furthermore, to contact specific officers in head office or district office, the contact details are here as follows:
Thanks for Download and Keep Visiting our website for more updates.