Aadhaar is the largest biometric identification system in the world, where individuals are provided with a unique 12-digit number which is linked to their biometrics. It would not be an exaggeration to say that in future Aadhaar would become mandatory for availing the benefits of government schemes. Aadhar card serves as proof of address and identity as well.
It is therefore essential that all your details and information in the Aadhaar card are accurate. Otherwise, you might not be able to receive the benefits of government schemes. If there have been any changes in your information or biometrics, you must go for an Aadhar Card Update immediately.
Aadhaar Card Information Contains
An individual needs to enrol for Aadhaar only once and after de-duplication only one Aadhaar shall be generated, as the uniqueness is achieved through the process of demographic and biometric de-duplication.
When do you need to go for an UIDAI Aadhaar Update?
There can be some situations that can require you to apply for Aadhaar card correction. Some of the most common scenarios being: –
- Change in your contact details (mobile number or address)
- Change in your name (after marriage or willingly)
- Clerical errors by the operator during the enrolment process
- Change in Biometrics due to an accident (Fingerprint, Iris)
- Change in the local language
- Quality of biometrics captured during enrolment not being up to the mark.
- Updating Aadhaar card with the age of a child (at the age of 5 years and 15 years)
- The demand for additional documents by UIDAI
- In case of multiple authentication failures
Documents required for an Aadhaar Card Update
02. Bank Statement/ Passbook
03. Post Office Account Statement/ Passbook
04. Ration Card
05. Voter ID
06. Driving License
07. Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
08. Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
09. Water Bill (not older than 3 months)
10. Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
11. Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
12.Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
13. Insurance Policy
14. Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
15. Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
16. Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution on letterhead or Photo ID having address issued by Recognized Educational Institution
17. NREGS Job Card
18. Arms License
19. Pensioner Card
20.Freedom Fighter Card
21. Kissan Passbook
22. CGHS/ ECHS Card
23. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or MLC or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
24. Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
25. Income Tax Assessment Order
26. Vehicle Registration Certificate
27. Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement
28. Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
29. Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt
30. Disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/ UT Governments/ Administrations
31. Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
32. Passport of Spouse
33. Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
34. Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central/ State Govt. (not more than 3 years old)
35. Marriage Certificate issued by the Government, containing address
Aadhaar Card Update Process
The Aadhaar card update process can be completed via two modes, i.e. through an online portal or enrolment centre. While the demographic information can be updated through any of the above two modes, updating biometric data is possible only through the enrolment centre. Here is the detailed stepwise guide to help you with the UIDAI Aadhar update.
1. Aadhaar Card Correction through the online portal
If you want to change or update the demographic data in your Aadhar such as Aadhaar card mobile number update or address update online, you can log-on to the self-service portal of the UIDAI and follow the steps mentioned below for any Aadhaar card correction online.
Step 1: Log in with your Aadhaar Number or Virtual ID.
Virtual ID (VID) is a random 16-digit number temporarily assigned to your Aadhaar number in order to facilitate authentication or e-KYC.
It allows you to complete the functions required without disclosing your actual Aadhaar number. You can generate a VID on the Aadhaar portal.
Step 2: Complete the Captcha verification.
Step 3: Click on ‘Send OTP’.
Step 4: Enter the received OTP in the field suggested and click on ‘Login’.
Step 5: The next page will give you two choices to update the address:
a) Update Address via Address Proof.
b) Update Address via Secret Code (this is if you already have an Address Validation Letter).
Step 6: If you select ‘Update Address via Address Proof’, then the next screen will show you your current address and then the option of entering your new address.
Step 7: Enter all the relevant details of your new address and click on ‘Preview’.
Step 8: You can either ‘Edit’ the information or ‘Submit’ it after ticking on the consent statement.
Step 9: You have to upload original scanned copy of the valid Proof of Address.
2. Aadhaar Card Correction through Enrolment Centre
If you do not have access to internet and computer, or need to update your biometric details, you can visit your nearest Aadhar enrolment center. Steps involved in changing the Aadhaar details through an enrolment center are:- Find out the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center through the UIDAI portal.
Step 1: Go to the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Update Centre, from where you can get the relevant form and fill it up.
Step 2: Download the form, fill it up, and then go to the Enrolment/Update Centre.
Step 3: Make sure you take with you all the relevant documents required to verify any of the corrections/changes you’re requesting.
Step 4: At the Enrolment Centre, you can submit the form to the operator.
Step 5: The operator will verify the information.
After the form is submitted, you can check the status of your change request on the UIDAI self-service portal.
How to check Status for address update online in Aadhaar card?
Check Status Aadhar Address Update Online : Check status of your online address update request using URN. You can also check status of your Address Validation Letter request by using SRN.
|Aadhar Address Update Online Link||Click Here|
|Check Status Aadhar Address Update Online||Click Here|
|Valid Documents for Address Update (POA)||Click Here|
|Official Website||Official Website|
|mAadhaar Android App||Click Here|
Thanks for Download and Keep Visiting our website for more Updates.