The Prime Minister scholarship scheme was created by the Ministry of Home Affairs under the Government of India to provide higher professional and technical educational advancement to the poor students of the country who are not able to get proper educational finance because of their poverty. Today we will share with all of you the importance of the PM Scholarship 2022 and we will also share with all of you the step-by-step procedure through which you will be able to apply for the PM Scholarship Scheme by using the official portal created by the Government of India.
This will be a basic scholarship available for all of those students who have lost their parents and parental figures in wars and other mishappenings in the country. Scholarships are provided differently for boys and girls.
Details Of PM Scholarship
|Launched by||Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi|
|Name of Department||Ex-servicemen welfare department|
|Major Benefit||Rs 2500 to boys and Rs 3000 to girls|
|Scheme Objective||Encouraging children to pursue higher studies|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Name of State||All India|
|Post Category||Scheme/ Yojana/ Yojna|
Procedure to Apply Online PMSS Pradhanmantri Scholarship Scheme
Step 1- Visit the Official Website of Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme of the Central Sainik Board i.e. desw.gov.in.
Step 2- On the Homepage, Click on the Option ” Register” button.
Step 3- After this, the Registration Form page will be displayed on the screen.
Step 4- Now enter the required details (Mention all the details such as name, father name, date of birth, gender, Aadhaar and other information).
Step 5- Now fill the second part of the application form and check after carefully filling all the information.
Step 6- After filling all the information you have to click on the submit button.
Step 7- Then you will have to upload all your documents.
Note: Then you will get the registration number after applying. And then take a print out of your application form and secure it for future.
- Aadhar Card
- Veteran / Ex Coast Guard Soldier Certificate as per Annexure-1
- Bank account passbook
- High school marks and certificates
- Affidavit / Self Certificate of ESM
- mobile number
- Passport size photo
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
- Students who have taken admission in 1st year (except Lateral Entry & Integrated Course) are only eligible to apply for PMSS. Students must apply online on KSB web portal www.ksb.gov.in. Students should have scored 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation.
- Students studying in 2nd or subsequent years are not eligible (except for integrated courses – where 1st portion is academic and 2nd portion is integrated as professional course).
- Students who are Dependent Wards / Widows of Ex Servicemen & Ex Coast Guard personnel.
- Wards of Civilians including Para Military Personnel are NOT ELIGIBLE.
Priority for Grant of Scholarship
- Category 1 Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel killed in action.
- Category 2 Wards of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in action and boarded out of service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard service.
- Category 3 Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel who died while in service for causes attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
- Category 4 Wards of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
- Category 5 Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel in receipt of gallantry awards.
- Category 6 Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel (PBOR Only).
- A total number of 5500 wards/widows of Ex-servicemen are selected for a scholarship in each academic year.
- Scholarships are equally divided amongst boys and girls i.e. 2750 each.
- Scholarships are paid for a period of one to five years as per the duration of the courses approved by the concerned regulatory bodies.
- The scholarship amount is paid annually to the selected students.
Amount of Scholarship
- Rs. 2500/- pm For Boys
- Rs. 3000/- pm For Girls
The Eligibility Criteria for PMSS Courses are As Under :
- First Professional Degree Courses like BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, B Ed, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India, UGC etc.
- Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA / MCA Courses.
- Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. No distance learning course is permitted under PMSS. PMSS can be availed for ONE COURSE only
Key Features of Scheme
- The Scheme was introduced in 2006.
- The scheme is funded out of National Defence Fund administered by Prime Minister’s Office.
- Scholarships are available for education at various technical institutions (medical, dental, veterinary, engineering, MBA, MCA and other equivalent technical institutions having AICTE/UGC approval).
- The payment is made through ECS into the bank account of the selected students.
- The scheme migrated from offline to online mode with effect from Academic Year 2016-17.
- This scholarship is only for wards of ex-members of Army, Navy or Air force. It will also apply to widows of those armed forces personnel who lost their lives in the line of duty.
|Apply Online||Registration | Login|
|Renewal of PMSS application||Renewal of application|
|Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2022||Official Website|
Thanks for Download and Keep Visiting our website for more updates.